Atlanta Jazz Festival Announces Schedule In Piedmont Park For May 22-24
Atlanta, GA — “We have an incredible roster of musicians coming to Atlanta from around the world to perform at the 38th Annual Atlanta Jazz Festival over Memorial Day Weekend,” says Camille Russell Love, Executive Director of the City of Atlanta Mayor’s Office of Cultural Affairs. “And with three stages to enjoy, you’ll have lots of fabulous choices. Whether you like instrumentals or sultry vocalists, contemporary, traditional, swing or Latin Jazz, we will have something for every jazz lover. Visit our web site at www.atlantafestivals.com to learn more about the artists who are performing at this year’s Atlanta Jazz Festival.”
The Atlanta Jazz Festival is FREE and open to the public. Here’s the schedule in Piedmont Park:
Friday, May 22
7:00 pm Mad Satta
9:00 pm Thundercat
Saturday, May 23
12:30 pm Tri-Cities High School Jazz Band
2:30 pm Jessie Davis & the Nebraska Jones Experiment
4:30 pm Kenosha Kid
6:30 pm Wolfpack ATL
1:30 pm North Atlanta Center for the Arts Jazz Band
3:30 pm Dida
5:30 pm Banda Magda
7:30 pm Alfredo Rodriguez Trio
1:00 pm Contemporary Violinist Daniel D.
3:00 pm The Rad Trads
5:00 pm Marcus Strickland Twi-Life
7:00 pm Otis Brown III
9:00 pm Derrick Hodge
Sunday, May 24
12:30 pm Joe Gransden and his Big Band
2:30 pm Mastery
4:30 pm Jeff Sparks
6:30 pm Tony Hightower
1:30 pm Fernanda Noronha
3:30 pm Strings from Haiti
5:30 pm Emrah Kotan
7:30 pm Arturo O’Farrill & The Afro Latin Jazz Orchestra
1:00 pm Navy Band Southeast: VIP Protocol Combo
3:00 pm Four Women: A Tribute to Nina Simone – Featuring Kathleen Bertrand, Julie Dexter, Rhonda Thomas and Terry Harper
5:00 pm Nettwork Trio: Charnett Moffett, Stanley Jordan, and Jeff “Tain” Watts
7:00 pm Diane Schuur
9:00 pm Pharoah Sanders Quartet featuring Kurt Rosenwinkel
Piedmont Park: The festival returns to historic Piedmont Park, nestled in the heart of Midtown Atlanta.
- ADMISSION. The event is FREE and open to the public.
- DATES & HOURS. Festival hours in Piedmont Park are Friday, May 22 from 6 -11 pm; Saturday, May 23 from 11 am-11 pm and Sunday, May 24 from 11 am-11 pm.
- MULTIPLE STAGES. Enjoy music featuring Local, National and International Artists.
- KIDZONE. The KidZone area will offer games and interactive play for all ages.
- SHOPPING & FOOD VENDORS. A wide variety of food vendors will tempt your taste buds with BBQ, gyros, burgers, Caribbean foods and more! Browse the booths for unique items including art, clothing and jewelry.
- PARK RULES. There will be NO GRILLING, NO PETS and NO STAKING OF TENTS allowed in Piedmont Park during the festival.
- LOCAL TRANSPORTATION. The easiest way to come to the festival is to take MARTA: www.itsMARTA.com.
Sponsors for this year’s Atlanta Jazz Festival include Bank of America, PUBLIX, PNC Bank, Loews Atlanta Hotel, MARTA, Cantoni, The Coca-Cola Company and the Atlanta Convention & Visitors Bureau.
Social Media: Find out about all the latest festival news, enter contests, and join the conversation! We’re on Facebook: AtlantaJazzFestival; Twitter: AtlantaJazzFestandInstagram: Atlanta Jazz Festival.
The 38th Annual Atlanta Jazz Festival is presented by the City of Atlanta Mayor’s Office of Cultural Affairs. The mission of the Atlanta Jazz Festival is to educate and entertain a diverse audience of jazz fans and to nurture the next generation of jazz musicians. The festival is partially supported by Atlanta Jazz Festival Inc, a 501(c)(3) cultural, non-profit. Visit the official web site at www.atlantafestivals.com for performance schedules and more information.
# # #
Media Contact: Karen Hatchett – email@example.com