- Are dogs (pets) allowed?
Sorry, but your pets will have to stay home. Per City of Atlanta Ordinance [Section 110-70(d)], dogs / pets WILL NOT BE PERMITTED inside Piedmont Park during the event. The Off Leash Dog Park will be open during the event. Users of this area will be allowed access to the Park Drive Entrance only. We’re sorry for any inconvenience; it’s the law. Thank you for your cooperation.
- Are there ATMs at the festival?
Yes, there are ATMs located in several locations for your convenience.
- Are you allowed to bring a tent that USES STAKES TO SUPPORT?
NO. TENT STACKING IS NOT PERMITTED! Tents and canopies larger than 10′x 10′ are prohibited without written permission from the Commissioner of the Department of Parks, Recreation and Cultural Affairs. [Sec. 110-59 (a)(12)]
Driving of stakes, posts or poles for any reason (including erecting tents or other structures) is forbidden without prior written permission from the Commissioner of the Department of Parks, Recreation and Cultural Affairs. [Sec. 110-59 (a)(10)]
- Are you allowed to bring alcohol?
Yes you can; However NO GLASS CONTAINERS are allowed. For your convenience, we have lots of food vendors setup during the Festival.
- Are you allowed to bring chafing dishes to the park?
NO. Open flames are prohibited during a Class A Festival. For your convenience, we have lots of food vendors setup during the Festival.
- Can I take MARTA to the festival?
Yes! It’s smarter to take MARTA and it is our preferred way to get to the Atlanta Jazz Festival.
Please visit the Parking page under the ”Information” tab for more on taking MARTA.
- Can we bring food and drinks to the Festival?
You may bring food and drinks, but NO glass containers.
- How can I support the festival?
Thank you for your consideration. You can support the Atlanta Jazz Festival by volunteering or by making a donation as a Friend!
- How do I become a SPONSOR?
For Sponsorship Opportunities, please contact:
Alex Delotch Davis
- How much does it cost to attend the festival?
FREE! It’s Free to attend!. The Atlanta Jazz Festival in Piedmont Park is free and open to the public.
- How old do you have to be to participate in the Atlanta Jazz Festival?
Anyone that has an appreciation for music–Jazz, in particular, is welcome to attend the Festival. We also invite those that are new to Jazz to come and experience for themselves first hand.
- Interested in VOLUNTEERING, whom do I contact?
Please visit our Jazzteer page under the “Information” tab.
- Is this a kid friendly Festival?
Absolutely kid friendly! There are several activities that are designed for children 10 and under. We have face painters and balloon art next to the playground near the international stage.
- Member of MEDIA interested in covering the event. Whom do I contact?
Karen Hatchett | Hatchett PR
- What are the hours for the AJF?
11a.m. until 10:59p.m.
- What number can I call with general questions?
As you can image, we get a lot of calls. We hope you will review our website, particularly the Information tab, to find your answers.
Fastest Response: email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- What should I leave at home?
Items that are not allowed are the standard items that are not allowed at any festival. If you’re in doubt, it’s best to leave that item at home.
Professional camera equipment and recording devices are NOT permitted. No cameras with video capabilities.
Rollerskates/blades, bikes, scooters, or skateboards are not allowed within the festival grounds due to the limited space of the site.
And here’s the standard list of items that are absolutely not allowed:
- SMOKING IS PROHIBITED
- ABSOLUTELY NO OPEN FLAMES
- DOGS – No Pets at all (except service dogs)
- Weapons of any kind
- Fireworks or explosives of any kind
- Illegal or illicit substances of any kind
- Large backpacks (framed, hiking packs, etc.)
- Glass containers
- Metal aerosol cans, including sunscreen
- No unauthorized/unlicensed vendors allowed
- No unauthorized solicitations, handbills, sampling, giveaways, etc.
- What time can patrons come in to set up their tents?
- When is the Festival this year?
Memorial Day Weekend
May 25 – 27. Three Days, 11a.m. – 10:59p.m.
- Where can I find a schedule of events and performers?
For Performer information and schedule, go to the “Artists” tab.
For our 31 Days listing and more go to the “Events” tab.
- Will there be seating in the park?
No. As an outdoor event, seating will not be provided. Attendees are encouraged to bring their own chairs and/or blankets.