One Hand Alone Does Not Clap
The Atlanta Jazz Festival, regarded as one of the country’s largest free jazz festivals, celebrates jazz through 31 days of musical programming at restaurants, bars and popular concert venues throughout the city, in addition to jazzÂ education workshops and competitions between local school jazz bands.
The 31 Days series culminates over Memorial Day Weekend with a two day musical showcase featuring jazz legends and young guns on a main stage, the future of jazz competition on a secondary stage, an interactive KidZone and lots of food and artistic vendors.
With all of these wonderful activities, the Festival could not happen without the dedicated efforts of our Jazzteers.Â As the pulse of the Festival, Jazzteers help create a safe, clean and enjoyable celebration of jazz.
- Jazzteers receive a groovy volunteer T-shirt, a chance to experience the best jazz music in the nation, an appreciation party, and an opportunity to meet other music fans.
- ALL Jazzteers, whether new or returning, must submit a written application EACH year. Make sure your preferences are on your application and we will do our best to accommodate you!
- You must be able to work a minimum of two (2) four to six hour shifts during festival week.
- Minimum age to volunteer for the Festival is 16. Should you have special concerns, please contact the Jazzteer Coordinator.
- Jazzteers will be assigned to specific crews and times by the Jazzteer Coordinator.
- Every Jazzteer must attend an orientation session.
Be aware of your own time limitations. We want your choice about volunteering to be the right one for you. If you are unable to fulfill your commitment, please contact the Jazzteer Coordinator immediately.
WHAT WE NEED HELP WITH
OUR GOLDEN RULES
-Treat patrons, staff and other Jazzteers courteously at all times.
-Check in 15 minutes before the start of your shift.
-Arrive for your assigned shift on time and stay until scheduled, or released.
-Wear your Jazzteer Shirt while on duty.
-Use of alcohol, controlled or illegal substances are prohibited prior to and while on duty.
If you are ready to join an awesome team, please complete the JAZZTEER WAIVER AND INFORMATION FORM.
-One form per person, and fill out all information requested.
-Bringing a friend? Indicate this on your application and we will do our best to accommodate your request. (Remember, your friend must complete an application too.)
Please keep in mind that while we do our best, we simply cannot accommodate everyone who submits a Jazzteer application, so get your application in early, and prepare to be flexible!
-TRANSPORTATION: Jazzteers are encouraged to take MARTA to the park, as parking is very limited.
-ATTIRE: To maximize your comfort, please remember the following:
- Wear cool clothing to beat the heat
- Wear a hat
- Drink lots of water
- Use sunscreen
- Bring a chair (we will have chairs for you as well)
If you have additional questions, contact us at:
email@example.com or call 404.546.6820.
Thank you for your continued support of the Atlanta Jazz Festival, and we look forward to working with you!