Music Lineup Announced for the 2016 Atlanta Jazz Festival: May 27-29
“We are excited about the lineup for this year’s Atlanta Jazz Festival,” says Camille Russell Love, Executive Director of the City of Atlanta Mayor’s Office of Cultural Affairs. “As our city becomes more international and our population younger, we are booking the festival to welcome these new audiences. From the soulful groove of Gregory Porter, the hip-hop inspired brass of Hypnotic Brass Ensemble, and the sensuous stylings of Brazilian songstress Eliane Elias, we’ve got a wide variety of jazz flavors on three stages. And admission is free! Make plans now to join us for the 39th Annual Atlanta Jazz Festival in Piedmont Park over Memorial Day Weekend, May 27-29.”
Here’s the complete lineup in Piedmont Park:
Friday, May 27
7:00 pm Next Collective
9:00 pm JOI
Saturday, May 28
12:30 pm Rialto Jazz for Kids All Stars
2:30 pm The Rialto Youth Jazz Orchestra (RYJO)
4:30 pm Mabu’s Ark Band
6:30 pm Alex Lattimore
1:30 pm Camila Meza
3:30 pm TATRAN
5:30 pm Mette Henriette
7:30 pm Etienne Charles
1:00 pm Chargaux
3:00 pm Tomeka Reid
5:00 pm Theo Croker
7:00 pm Jamison Ross
9:00 pm Hypnotic Brass Ensemble
Sunday, May 29
12:30 pm Band Room Nation
2:30 pm Anonymous DaBand
4:30 pm Joe Alterman Trio
6:30 pm Chandra Currelley
1:30 pm Assaf Kehati Trio
3:30 pm Tumi Mogorosi
5:30 pm Daby Touré
7:30 pm Eliane Elias
1:00 pm Navy Band Southeast: V.I.P Protocol Combo
3:00 pm Eugenie Jones
5:00 pm The Headhunters
7:00 pm Benny Golson
9:00 pm Gregory Porter
- The festival returns to historic Piedmont Park, nestled in the heart of Midtown Atlanta, located at 400 Park Drive NE, Atlanta, GA 30306.
- ADMISSION: The event is FREE and open to the public.
- DATES & HOURS. Festival hours in Piedmont Park are Friday, May 27 from 6 -11 pm; Saturday, May 28 from 11 am-11 pm and Sunday, May 29 from 11 am-11 pm.
- THREE STAGES. Enjoy music featuring Local, National and International Artists.
- The KidZone area will offer games and interactive play for all ages.
- SHOPPING & FOOD VENDORS. A wide variety of food vendors will tempt your taste buds with BBQ, gyros, burgers, Caribbean foods and more! Browse the booths for unique items including art, clothing and jewelry.
- PARK RULES. There will be NO GRILLING, NO PETS and NO STAKING OF TENTS allowed in Piedmont Park during the festival.
Transportation: There are a variety of stress-free options to get to the festival.
- Take MARTA: itsMARTA.com.
- Ride your bicycle and park it at the free bike valet at Piedmont Park on 10th Street near Park Tavern, courtesy of the Atlanta Bicycle Coalition.
- Reserve guaranteed parking in advance with Parking Panda, If you are driving, we recommend that you purchase in advance.
Sponsors for this year’s Atlanta Jazz Festival include MARTA, PNC Bank, Loews Atlanta Hotel, the Atlanta Convention & Visitors Bureau, Standard Press and Fontis Water. To find out how your company or organization can be featured at this year’s festival contact Laura Moody at the Office of Cultural Affairs at LMoody@AtlantaGa.Gov.
Social Media: Find out about all the latest festival news, enter contests, and join the conversation! We’re on Facebook: AtlantaJazzFestival; Twitter: AtlantaJazzFest and Instagram: Atlanta Jazz Festival.
The 39th Annual Atlanta Jazz Festival is presented by the City of Atlanta Mayor’s Office of Cultural Affairs. The mission of the Atlanta Jazz Festival is to educate and entertain a diverse audience of jazz fans and to nurture the next generation of jazz musicians. The festival is partially supported by Atlanta Jazz Festival Inc, a 501(c)(3) cultural, non-profit. For details about 31 Days of Jazz leading up to the festival, performance schedules, and more information visit: www.atlantafestivals.com.
MEDIA CONTACT: Karen Hatchett – email@example.com